Monday, April 21, 2008

Blossoms and birds

Just so you know that I do look at some things other than birds, here are some crabapple tree blossoms from our yard. We have three kinds. Then, of course, there will be a few birds too. And a neat view at the end. Click on the pictures to view them large.
I don't know the names of any of these.




I know most of you see goldfinches like this every summer, but believe me, we don't! Every day I take more pictures thinking this will be the last day to see them in this glorious plummage!

The suet/peanut butter mix is very popular at this time of year when there are babies to feed.


Even the female gold finches are turning yellow! This one doesn't seem to think much of my seed selection.

There is a brief time in our spring here when the live oaks don't have very many leaves. The new ones are just poking out and the old ones are falling. So it was a treat to look out towards the creek in the morning and see these rays shining through. Very atmospheric!