Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Unrelated items today. I downloaded the card from the tiny camera I keep in my purse whenever I'm out and found some archtechtural details from downtown Charleston that I took weeks ago and also some cat photos I took today at the kennel where I buy my dogfood.
Above is a gate post finial in the pineapple theme. Charleston is known far and wide for its hospitality and friendliness. The pineapple is a symbol for these traits.
Below is the very old pierced tin lantern above the door of the Pink House, circa 1690, the oldest stone house in the city. It's now a gallery--where my art can be seen, btw.


This cat apparently has no name. She has lived in the kennel office for about 9 years to keep the mice away from the large supply of dog and cat food. A problem has arisen just recently--she has started tearing open cat food bags herself! They can't declaw her because she is around dogs so much, she would be vulnerable. The kennel owner is at a loss as to what to do.