Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Did you ever glance out the window and have your heart jump?!?
There he was! The first indigo bunting of the season in fresh spring plumage!! He absolutely knocks your eyes out. Of course he was far away and it was early evening with not enough light so every shot is soft. But you can get the idea!
Next time someone says they wished we had colorful birds like in the tropics, tell them to look at indigo buntings with cardinals and goldfinches.

You can see them a little better clicked to large size.


The squirrel loves the new feeder system--so easy to get to.

Not every bird in the yard is pretty, but they are all interesting. This turkey vulture was cleaning up something that had died and floated up with the tide--a valuable service

I'll finish with a few other pretty birds that visited the feeders today.


I hope you'll email me if you enjoyed these birds or if you have any questions.
Thanks!
I really enjoyed being able to look at lots more blogs today with the extra time changing my blog has given me.